Sunday 20 April 2014

Day 13: Esperance – Lake King – Lake Grace – Arthur River - Home (766km, 9033km total)



Today I realise I’ve done some really poor planning. I was going to head along the south coast and overnight in Albany, however I just can’t find any available accommodation for the night. The Easter weekend is not the time for ad hoc planning. Camp fires are not permitted at this time of year along the south coast so I didn’t fancy a cold dinner bush camp. So, the plan changed and I decide to head for home through parts of the country I haven’t travelled before. 

Head for Ravensthorpe, turn north to Lake King, west to Lake Grace. Pass by salt lakes on roads that look like they were made by guys as practice for the Eyre Highway. Hardly any traffic out this way. Eventually I pick up the main road back to Perth at Arthur River. 
Lake King to Lake Grace

I’m 50km from home and the bike that hasn’t missed a beat so far let’s me down: the left mirror mount has worked its way loose and the mirror swings inwards! A stiff letter to Mr Honda required I think – hahahaha.
This coincides with the first time I’ve been really, really uncomfortable on the bike. My backside was torturing me! 

Home, just over 9000km in two week, across the continent and back. That was a road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment